An administrative sub-county of Meru. It’s also a parliamentary constituency. It’s constituted of five wards.
Projects underway in North Imenti
- Establishment of a botanical garden with indigenous trees of cultural, medicinal and economic value
- Rehabilitation of Mt. Kenya forests (Such as Upper and Lower Imenti forests)
- To provide Igembe North with a refrigerated truck and cooler boxes to avoid losses during harvesting of fishes
- A hatchery for warm fish fingerings
- Rehabilitation of stadia and public play grounds
The area is represented in the National Assembly by Hon. Abdul Rahim Dawood of Alliance Party of Kenya (APK)