It’s an administrative sub-county of Meru. It’s also a parliamentary constituency. Tigania East has the smallest land area.
Projects underway in Tigania East
- Community Empowerment and Institutional Support Program (CEISP)
- KK Mwethe, Kaathi, Kandebene and Matabithi dispensaries
- Muriri-Micii -Mikuru- Connecting all primary schools and market centres to electricity.
- Amos loop, ruiri isiolo, muriri isiolo, thanatha bridge Muriri-Micii -Mikuru
- Tigania water supply- To provide clean and reliable water services in both Sub-counties
- Mikinduri water project- To provide clean water to Mikinduri town and its environs
- Offices for registration of ownership and issuance of land certificate
- Nturingwi A Local Physical Development Plan- To prepare a local Physical development plan and produce local development plans
- Igarie- To issue ownership documents and certificate of ownership
The area is represented in the National Assembly by Hon. Lawrence Mpuru Aburi of Orange Democratic Party (ODM)