Vision, Mission & Core Values
Meru County is located on the Eastern side of the Mt Kenya covering 6,936 square kilometers. It is strategically placed bordering Isiolo County to the North, Tharaka County to the South West, Nyeri County to the South West and Laikipia County to the West. The county has a population of 1,356,301 million people.
To facilitate sustainable development and wealth creation in the County through commerce, technological innovations and industrialization that leverages on our skilled human resources, agriculture, wildlife, bio-diversity and cultural heritage
We are committed to upholding the following core values as the guiding principles for the operations of the county:
- Integrity: Honesty and sincerity are an integral part of our operations. We shall uphold these through strict adherence to the moral principles underlying all our policies.
- Transparency and Accountability: We shall always endeavour to be transparent, answerable and liable at all times.
- Team work: We treat one another with respect and communicate openly. We create a workplace that fosters community, respects, and uniqueness of each person, promotes employee participation to ensure their full contribution and appreciate the value of multiple perspectives and diverse expertise.
- Inclusiveness: In all our undertakings, we shall ensure inclusiveness; the county shall have people from diverse backgrounds or communities involved in the development. The county is learning-centred that value the perspectives and contributions of all people, and it incorporates the needs, assets, and perspectives of communities into the design and implementation of county programs. All groups and members of the county shall be treated equally and without exception
- Innovativeness: We thrive on creativity and ingenuity. We seek the innovations and ideas that can bring a positive change to the basin. We value creativity that is focused, data-driven, and continuously-improving based on results.
- Hardworking: We shall be patriotic to the cause of the county and be guided by hardworking ethics in all our undertakings.